Please note that passports are currently taking approximately four to six weeks to process. Please apply early for your passport.
The Clerk of District Court Office is a passport acceptance facility. All parties wanting to receive a passport must be present. To apply for a passport, you will need complete the steps outlined below.
You can obtain an application either from this office, or you can download a form and obtain information from the U.S. Department of State.
Proof of Citizenship
The proof of citizenship (birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or old passport) will be mailed to the passport agency with your passport application and returned with your passport. You will need to present one of these documents:
- Certified copy of your birth certificate, issued by the Department of Vital Records
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Previous passport
One Passport Photo
This must be 2 by 2 inches, full face, with a white background. Passport photos are available from Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Dunlap Photography, Photo Imaging, and travel agencies.
A valid driver's license or other approved government-issued identification must be presented.
- Application fee - check payable to U.S. Department of State
- Processing fee - check payable to Clerk of District Court - $35
- Passport book (Good for any travel)
- Ages 16 and older is $110
- Expedited fee under six weeks is $60 plus the application fee
- Under 16 years of age is $80
- Passport Card (These are only good for land and/or sea travel to Mexico or Canada)
- Ages 16 and older is $30
- Expedite fee under six weeks is $60 plus the application fee
- Under 16 years of age is $15
Children Passports Requirements
If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of sixteen, both parents must appear with the child to sign the passport application and provide identification. There are also authorization forms available at the website listed above if one of the parents is unable to appear.
Please contact our office for assistance at (307) 682-3424.