What is the Children's Developmental Services of Campbell County?
- We are a non-political subdivision of County Government, which provides early intervention/early childhood services for infants and preschools with disabilities and their families. Child care services are also provided for working parents. The child care component provides an inclusive environment for disabled and non-disabled children to participate in a regular classroom setting with adaptations made when needed.
- We screen infants and young children for delays in development, speech, vision, hearing, and behavior.
- We provide evaluation and planning in partnership with parents to design an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) that assists the child in developing his/her full potential through the "Routines Based Interview."
- We provide trans-disciplinary services through a team of professionals including: Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Early Intervention Instructor, Early Childhood Instructor, and Family Services Coordinator.
- We refer to other specialists and agencies.
- We consult with families to help them meet the challege of raising a young child with a developmental disability
- We are the only agency licensed by by the State of Wyoming to provide these services in our region, which consists of Campbell County.
- We provide quality child care for preschool children to school age.
- We provide Early Head Start services for pregnant women, infants, toddlers and their families, in home based settings.
Who Do We Serve?
Approximately 500 children in our community are referred to the Children's Developmental Services screening and evaluation program. On the average, 10% of these children are identified as developmentally delayed and in need of early intervention and related services.
How Are We Funded?
We are funded on a per child basis by the State of Wyoming Division of Developmental Disabilities and the Wyoming Department of Education, which makes up 35% of our total funding. The remainder of funding comes from federal grants, Campbell County, our sliding fee scale and miscellaneous local donations.