The proposed amendments to Chapter 4 Rules include:
- Reformat Chapter 4 by topic and create a Table of Contents,
- Itemize exemptions to Chapter 4 for quick reference,
- Update the International Building Codes (I-codes) from the 2018 edition to the 2021 as required by WY §35-9-121(ii),
- Update the NFPA 58 Fuel Gas Code from the 2014 edition to the 2020,
- Itemize climatic and building design criteria into a single, simple section for quick access,
- Make existing floodplain regulations an appendix to Chapter 4 for quick access,
- Consolidate duplicated sections where possible,
- Remove unnecessary sections that are already addressed in the I-Codes,
- Delete/alter 21 previous amendments that made Chapter 4 regulations more stringent than the I-Codes,
- Reinstate four previously deleted I-code sections strengthening regulations,
- Add/alter language and definitions that make the regulations easier to understand,
- Remove Community Water System permitting requirements from Chapter 4 and move to Chapter 6, Subdivision Regulations,
- Amend two sections of the Building and Plumbing codes to keep bathrooms separated by gender.
Any interested person may present their views regarding this intended action by submitting written comments to the Board no later than 5 p.m. on the 18th day of June 2021 by delivering your comments to the address listed above via United States mail or by hand delivery.
Additionally, public comment can be provided during a public hearing scheduled on July 7, 2021, at 10:15 a.m. in the Campbell County Courthouse, Commissioner’s Chambers, 500 S. Gillette Ave., Gillette, Wyoming.
Following the time allotted for public comment and the public hearing, the Board intends to take official action regarding the adoption of the proposed amendment at their regularly scheduled meeting on July 7th, 2021.